Friday, August 19, 2011

Vacation

I have never been on a real family vacation since I was a wee tot around 5 or 6.  I have always told myself that the boys would get to do family vacations.  So we decided Omaha was close enough we could spend two days there.  We went to the children's museum and the Henry Doorly Zoo.  The boys had a blast at the museum.  They had a dinosaur exhibit that was fantastic.  Robotic dinosaurs looked at you and roared.  They loved it. Even little Callan thought it was great. I highly recommend the Children's Museum if you are ever in Omaha!

The zoo on the other hand, well I should have known what to expect.  Brody hates loud noises.  The first building we went in was like the jungle.  The monkeys were screeching, the water falls were pouring, and the birds were squawking.  Needless to say they did not enjoy this part.  They did like the giraffes and rhinos and of course the train.  They don't ever want to get close to an animal, but the ones they could see from the comfort of their own stroller they liked.


This snake pictures of course is for Grandpa Dale. He loves snakes!
 After the zoo, we went to Old Chicago.  The boys got their very own pizza and pop. If you know me, then you know they thought they were pretty darn special.

No comments:

Post a Comment