Friday, August 19, 2011

The Iowa State Fair

One of my favorite things to do is go to the Iowa State Fair. It has been a tradition since I was in elementary school. I used to think that it would be awesome to go when I got older and have a drink in the beer tent and dance the night away at the KIOA place.  One of these days, that dream shall be fullfilled!

This year, Brody, Connor, and I braved the crowds on the first Saturday of the fair.  Interestingly it did not feel like there were oodles of people there that day.  The new building with the baby animals was by far the favorite of the day.  The boys got to pet a baby pig and see a baby calf, goat, chicks, turkeys, and emus.  They even got to see a chicken hatch out of its shell.





One of my favorite places is the ducks in the DNR pond. I could watch them forever.  The first thing Connor wanted to know was why the turtles were gone.  I miss the turtles.  The swans flapped out there wings and they thought that was pretty neat, of course after I reassured them that the swan could not fly out and get them.



I had asked Brody if he wanted to get his face painted.  I was of course thinking of just one small item on his cheek, but the fun forest only did full faces.  I talked to the lady and she said she could just start and see how he does.  Brody wanted a cheetah.  He makes a pretty cute cheetah!




No comments:

Post a Comment